Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pardon me for finding the glass half full. - Giles


327 Days to go: 311 Things to Do: Day 30 in Chicago

55. Happy Hour at The Martini Bar

After work Fitz and I head to one of my favorite happy hour spots near the office, The Martini Bar 401 S LaSalle.  My friend Meshawn discovered this place a couple months ago, it's tucked away - semi hidden - so it's never that busy or crowded despite the fact that they have some of the best happy hour deals I've ever seen. 

Tuesdays - $2 domestic pints, Wednesdays - $5 glasses of wine, Thursdays - $7 Martinis


Typically, I try to go on Wednesdays for the wine, but when Fitz suggests it tonight I don't say no.  The Martini Bar consists of two rooms with dark wood paneling, and what I can only assume is the original woodwork and old ceiling.  It's warm and inviting.  The front room is the bar, but back around the corner is another checkerboard floor room with high tables and low couches.

We have a couple glasses of wine and meet the new manager.




326 Days to go: 310 Things to Do: 30 Days in Chicago = 30 new experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment