Friday, June 4, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate. - Buffy

332 Days to go: 314 Things to Do: Day 28 in Chicago

I'm going to be sick. - Xander
'cept that. - Buffy

52. Chocolate Eclairs from La Farine
53. Dinner at J.Patrick's

We're heading out of town for the weekend so I leave the office a little early to meet Allison and Emily at home.  On the way I stop at La Farine 1462 W ChicagoLa Farine was opened about a year ago I think, just a few blocks from my apartment.  Fresh bread is made daily - there's always a little chalkboard out front to let passersby know what type is featured that day.  But, what they've really become known for is the chocolate eclair, which I have yet to try.  Today seems like the perfect time.  Heaven.



Because I don't leave early enough to beat the traffic, we decide to grab dinner and wait out the commuters.  J. Patrick's 1367 W Erie is a pub only a couple blocks from home; I had noticed on my way home that they had outdoor seating so we walk over there.  There's a Hawks game, so it's busier than usual.  Plenty of seating outside though, but the waitress is frantic.  We manage to place our order and ask for the bill at the same time.  We still have to hit the road after all.    

331 Days to go: 312 Things to Do: 28 Days in Chicago = 29 new experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment