Thursday, June 17, 2010

There...there wasn't a story there. - Buffy

318 Days to Go: 304 Things to Do: Day 36 in Chicago

62. Nachos and Margaritas at Fiesta Mexicana Grill

I decided to work from home today.  This decision always makes the likelihood of me doing something new...less likely.  But Cairo has embraced my challenge and via gchat convinces me to meet her on her way home at Fiesta Mexicana Grill corner of Ogden and Grand.

On the days that I to or from the office I pass Fiesta Mexicana about 10 minutes from my apartment.  It always looks fun and festive - very bright colors - and it has large banners outside boasting 1/2 price Margaritas on Mondays and Wednesdays.  They also have a few tables outside when the weather is nice.  So, around 8pm I meet Cairo to finally, finally, check it out.

We order nachos and margaritas - both of which are delicious.  And it's a gorgeous night out.  The only real drawback is that, although outdoors, the view is not that great.  In fact, it's really just a major intersection.  Can't always be the sixteenth floor overlooking the river and lake, I guess.  I'll still take it.



317 Days to Go: 303 Things to Do: 36 Days in Chicago = 35 New Experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment